1.What’s the best thing about your job? (Be honest!)
The Mindshare radio team
2. What’s your favourite station and which radio programmes do you listen to?
In the main it’s a mix talkSPORT and 5Live. On individual shows, the Press Pass on talkSPORT at 6pm on Sundays is the best show on radio. For tunes it will be Capital, Kiss or Heart.
3. What radio campaign are you most proud of working on?
I would say Kit Kat’s Britain’s Biggest Break. We got all the radio stations in the country to change their output for one day simultaneously just after 3pm so the nation could Take a Break.
The ILR and National music stations changed their play list for 3 songs requested by a listener, and we even got talkSPORT to play 3 music tracks which were the best football songs or songs by footballers as voted by the talkSPORT listeners, remember Hoddle & Waddle Diamond Lights !
4. Which radio campaigns have caught your ear recently?
Kwik Fit’s ’ Not mates rates just great rates’ campaign. The irony is excellent , when most companies are asking us to like them on Facebook etc. Plus as a total campaign; the TV and Radio creative have the same message which is the way to do it.
5. What’s the biggest hurdle you have to overcome to get radio on the schedule, and how do you manage this?
The oldest excuse or hurdle has to be the issue of creative..
The client was up for radio to be part of the plan , but it was a creative agencies inability to write/imagine a script. So several tactics employed from the direct approach to more inclusive. I would say we’ve made head way in this area and the creative issue – or lack of as this is now less of a barrier for us, given how we work with the various radio groups and the RAB.
Issues now are more about what radio can offer with other media and the influence/effect radio can have. Evidence is the key to many of these issues, so case studies and research play a part here
6. What’s your view on what the big trend in media will be this coming year and how do you think it will it affect radio?
Not necessarily this year but with the advances in technology , I believe that this will add to radio strengths particularly enhancing the two way connection with consumers most likely across mobile platforms potentially increasing radio’s share of pure direct response budgets, and greater multiplatform / content solutions. I would also say how radio influences social media has yet to be defined.
7. What was your local station when you were growing up?
Capital Radio, the chart show with Dr. Fox and maybe the best possible radio – the late night phone in on LBC !!
8. Which DJ best defines your youth?
I would definitely say John Sachs on Capital. ‘Sachs in the morning. ‘
9. What was the first album you bought?
Style Council- Café Bleu
10. If you weren’t working in radio, what would you be doing?
No related posts.